Our organization known as “We Are Navajo” focuses to provide information and support to individuals on the Navajo Nation, in addition to 550+ Native
American tribes. Our communities face many barriers including poverty at a rate of 43%, more than a third of our population live without electricity,
paved roads, cell phone service, landlines, safe housing or other essentials of modern life. Therefore, We Are Navajo provides hopeful, inspiring
and welcoming space for mind, body and spiritual growth. Our goal is to empower our community by focusing on their overall well-being.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone, especially families in our rural communities.
We Are Navajo is requesting for your assistance to provide care packages to as many families as possible.
On March 26, we received a list that was generated by our local school teachers which identifies 15 families as high need cases- in dire need of basic necessities.
*On April 1st we purchased as many items as we could and delivered care packages to our elementary families in need on April 2, 2020.
*On April 17th we provided care packages to families in Red Mesa who had tested positive for COVID-19
* On April 29th we provided care packages to elders/ disabled/ immune-compromised individuals in Rough Rock and in Red Mesa AZ/UT
* On May 10th we provided children, teens, adults with art supplies, coloring books, books, pads and tampons
*On May 15th we provided 30 care packages to elders and families with children in Red Mesa AZ/UT, Red Valley Cove
*On May 21st we provided individuals who are handicapped and homebound with care packages including food and emergency supplies
*On May 29th we provided care packages to individuals/ families in Table Mesa, Bluff, and Hatch
We are preparing to assist many more families in the upcoming weeks.
Items we are purchasing:
- Bottled Water
- Fresh Fruit & vegetables
- Apple Sauce, Peanut Butter
- Juices/ Milk / Gatorade
- Ground Coffee, Instant Coffee, Tea
- Cereal/ oatmeal/ granola bars
- Canned meat, canned vegetables, canned soup & canned fruit
- Meat- Beef, Chicken, Pork, etc
- Spam, Bologna, Tuna, Vienna Sausage, jerky
- Spaghetti & Sauce, Rice, Instant Ramen noodles
- Flour/ Baking Cream/ Vegetable Oil
- Diapers- all sizes, infants to elderly
- Baby formula
- Cleaning Supplies- Bleach, Disinfectant wipes, dish soap, hand soap
- Hand sanitizers
- Toilet Tissue, Paper towels
- Personal Care items: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, tampons/ pads, condoms
- Tylenol/ Ibuprofen, cough drops, first aid kits
- Coloring books, crayons, markers, color pencils
- Word search books, Sudoku, playing cards, puzzles
- Lighters, Matches, Batteries, Flash lights
- PPEs, Gloves, Masks
100% of your monetary donations will allow our efforts to go further and reach families of young children, disabled, immunocompromised and elderly individuals. Your support is crucial to assist families during this time of need.
We Are Navajo is a program within Utah Navajo Health System, Inc. are dedicated to being transparent and accountable with all our financial donations and documentation. We are a recognized 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit charitable organization with the IRS, which means your donation to us qualifies as tax deductible.
If you prefer to mail items:
We Are Navajo
PO BOX 130
Montezuma Creek, UT 84534
Questions Contact: 435-651-3803
Ahéhee’ (Thank you) in advance for your contributions.