Lead Coder - Full Time
Company/Organization: Utah Navajo Health System
Location: Remote Worker
Salary: Wage depends on experience
Status: Full Time
Benefits: Full health insurance, 5% of gross to a 403b retirement account, life insurance, Vacation leave, PTO leave, Holiday pay, Short/Long term disability, wellness benefit
- Location: Remote
- Full-time Benefits include: Full health insurance, 5% of gross to a 403b retirement account, life insurance, Vacation leave, PTO leave, Holiday pay, Short/Long term disability, wellness benefit
- Wage depends on experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert, providing direction to less experienced staff. Assist with the training of coders. Audit work, and provide feedback on areas of improvement.
- Ensure acceptable productivity/quality rates as defined by coding policy.
- Accurately abstract information from the medial records into the appropriate coding
systems, ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Respond to physician queries, and queries physicians as necessary for coding
- Determine the most appropriate diagnosis after a thorough review of the medical
records. Work closely with practice staff with regards to coding.
- Code medical records using applicable coding rules and guidelines.
Ensure thorough and compliant coding to support patient records and
submission of billing for payment.
- Accurately sequence diagnostic and procedural codes according to organization
specified procedures. Provide codes to various departments upon request.
- Enter and validate charges using appropriate tools and validates diagnoses with
the medical documentation provided.
- You will work in conjunction with A/R team on follow up and resolution of coding related denials and rejections including recommendation of new /updated coding edits
- Compare charges on accounts with the procedures coded and identifies any discrepancies. Notify A/R Manager of any discrepancies, and collaborates as needed to rectify the account.
- You will assist in the development of coding education programs for in-service meetings
- Participate in special projects and/or completes other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in related field preferred
- Must be certified through the American Association of Procedural Coders (AAPC) in Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- At least 2-3 years coding experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology is preferred.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Must be computer proficient
Submission InstructionsApply online via UNHS Online Application portal
#WeAreSacred #Pride2019 #NavajoEquality
It’s time to treat our LGBTQ members with respect and compassion.
We Are Navajo supports Dine Equality's mission. They envision the Navajo Nation as a safe, supportive & inclusive home for our gay, lesbian, bisexual, two-spirit & transgender family members. Their mission is to advocate & secure equal rights & protections for the Diné (Navajo) LGBTQ community & their families. Learn More