Security Guard - Full time
Security Guard - Full time
Company/Organization: Utah Navajo Health System
Location: Monument Valley
Status: Full Time
Benefits: Full health insurance, 5% of gross to a 403b retirement account, life insurance, Vacation leave, PTO leave, Holiday pay, Short/Long term disability, wellness benefit
- Location: Monument Valley, Utah
- Full-time Benefits include: Full health insurance, 5% of gross to a 403b retirement account, life insurance, Vacation leave, PTO leave, Holiday pay, Short/Long term disability, wellness benefit
- Wage depends on experience
- Patrol the interior and exterior areas of assigned site
- Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post Orders and directed by management
- Engage with the general public to offer assistance and directions
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed reports using company provided equipment
- Actively enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
- Qualified applicants for the Unarmed Security Officer positions will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Utah Security Officers License
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current a Current Utah Security Officers License, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral com
- Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Submission InstructionsApply online via UNHS Online Application portal
#WeAreSacred #Pride2019 #NavajoEquality
It’s time to treat our LGBTQ members with respect and compassion.
We Are Navajo supports Dine Equality's mission. They envision the Navajo Nation as a safe, supportive & inclusive home for our gay, lesbian, bisexual, two-spirit & transgender family members. Their mission is to advocate & secure equal rights & protections for the Diné (Navajo) LGBTQ community & their families. Learn More