Department of Self-Reliance
“T’aa ahwo ajit’ eego”
The Department for Self-Reliance is a Federal and State funded program that provides Support Services and Cash Assistance to eligible families with needy children.
Mission Statement: We shall serve, with integrity and ethics, to empower individuals and families by promoting T’aa ahwo aji’eego through appropriate support, opportunities and education.
- Career & Education Preparation
- Training and Skill Development
- Support Services to meet Goals
- Short-Term Monthly Assistance (60 months)
What is my responsibility?
- Develop and follow Personal Responsibility Plan (PRP)
- Participate in Work Participation Activities
- Submit Monthly Update Reports & Timesheets
How Do I Qualify?
- Must have a minor child deprived of financial support and care due to the continued absence, disability, or death of a legal parent; or in
Two-Parent Families, a minor child deprived of financial support and care due to the unemployment/underemployment of both legal parents.
- Reside in Service Delivery Area
- Meet financial, non-financial and supplemental eligibility criteria
- Background check
- Child Support, unless excluded
- United States Citizen
How Do I Apply?
- Complete and submit an application at the nearest Field Office.
What Information do I need?
- Social Security Cards
- Birth Certificates
- Valid Picture I.D. for Adults
- Information on Income, Assets, and Resources
- School Enrollment/Attendance Verification for Minor Child(ren) or Dependent(s)
- If there is an Absent Parent, Child Support Information is required
- If you are a Relative Caregiver, Guardianship Documents are Required
48 W HWY 264
Quality INN Complex, STE 108
P.O. BOX 2279
Window Rock, AZ
TOLL FREE: 1-866-347-2403
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Your Voice Has Power!
Join We Are Navajo in supporting sexual assault survivors! Learn more about sexual assault nurse examinations available nearby