Department of Self-Reliance
“T’aa ahwo ajit’ eego”
The Department for Self-Reliance is a Federal and State funded program that provides Support Services and Cash Assistance to eligible families with needy children.
Mission Statement: We shall serve, with integrity and ethics, to empower individuals and families by promoting T’aa ahwo aji’eego through appropriate support, opportunities and education.
- Career & Education Preparation
- Training and Skill Development
- Support Services to meet Goals
- Short-Term Monthly Assistance (60 months)
What is my responsibility?
- Develop and follow Personal Responsibility Plan (PRP)
- Participate in Work Participation Activities
- Submit Monthly Update Reports & Timesheets
How Do I Qualify?
- Must have a minor child deprived of financial support and care due to the continued absence, disability, or death of a legal parent; or in
Two-Parent Families, a minor child deprived of financial support and care due to the unemployment/underemployment of both legal parents.
- Reside in Service Delivery Area
- Meet financial, non-financial and supplemental eligibility criteria
- Background check
- Child Support, unless excluded
- United States Citizen
How Do I Apply?
- Complete and submit an application at the nearest Field Office.
What Information do I need?
- Social Security Cards
- Birth Certificates
- Valid Picture I.D. for Adults
- Information on Income, Assets, and Resources
- School Enrollment/Attendance Verification for Minor Child(ren) or Dependent(s)
- If there is an Absent Parent, Child Support Information is required
- If you are a Relative Caregiver, Guardianship Documents are Required
48 W HWY 264
Quality INN Complex, STE 108
P.O. BOX 2279
Window Rock, AZ
TOLL FREE: 1-866-347-2403
Learn more about COVID-19
If you're happy and you know it . .
Wash your hands!
Stay home to limit the spread of coronavirus
Limit outings to essential only!
If you or anyone you know is in need of support during this pandemic
Toll free number: 1-833-956-1554 Stay Home Save Lives
March is National Nutrition Month
Join We Are Navajo in supporting healthy eating habits and making smart food choices! Learn More