Department of Self-Reliance
“T’aa ahwo ajit’ eego”
The Department for Self-Reliance is a Federal and State funded program that provides Support Services and Cash Assistance to eligible families with needy children.
Mission Statement: We shall serve, with integrity and ethics, to empower individuals and families by promoting T’aa ahwo aji’eego through appropriate support, opportunities and education.
- Career & Education Preparation
- Training and Skill Development
- Support Services to meet Goals
- Short-Term Monthly Assistance (60 months)
What is my responsibility?
- Develop and follow Personal Responsibility Plan (PRP)
- Participate in Work Participation Activities
- Submit Monthly Update Reports & Timesheets
How Do I Qualify?
- Must have a minor child deprived of financial support and care due to the continued absence, disability, or death of a legal parent; or in
Two-Parent Families, a minor child deprived of financial support and care due to the unemployment/underemployment of both legal parents.
- Reside in Service Delivery Area
- Meet financial, non-financial and supplemental eligibility criteria
- Background check
- Child Support, unless excluded
- United States Citizen
How Do I Apply?
- Complete and submit an application at the nearest Field Office.
What Information do I need?
- Social Security Cards
- Birth Certificates
- Valid Picture I.D. for Adults
- Information on Income, Assets, and Resources
- School Enrollment/Attendance Verification for Minor Child(ren) or Dependent(s)
- If there is an Absent Parent, Child Support Information is required
- If you are a Relative Caregiver, Guardianship Documents are Required
48 W HWY 264
Quality INN Complex, STE 108
P.O. BOX 2279
Window Rock, AZ
TOLL FREE: 1-866-347-2403
Don’t stay silent. It’s time to speak up all month long.
Domestic and intimate partner violence are issues that no one should have to experience but if we learn the warning signs, provide support and are able to reach out to those that need it most, we can impact the cycle of violence. Learn More