Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 Broccoli crown (4 cups broccoli florets)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded from the block Parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1. Season chicken with one teaspoon Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- 2. In a 12″ pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cook until
brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and cook one additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, water, sliced peppers, broccoli and
remaining Cajun seasoning (use one teaspoon if you want mild Cajun flavor or the remaining two teaspoons if you want full Cajun flavor). Stir
then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes. Uncover and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about
5 additional minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh parsley and
Homemade Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes.
Learn more about COVID-19
If you're happy and you know it . .
Wash your hands!
Stay home to limit the spread of coronavirus
Limit outings to essential only!
If you or anyone you know is in need of support during this pandemic
Toll free number: 1-833-956-1554 Stay Home Save Lives
March is National Nutrition Month
Join We Are Navajo in supporting healthy eating habits and making smart food choices! Learn More