Lemon Chicken Alfredo
LEMON FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITH GRILLED CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI AND BELL PEPPERS
- 12 oz dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced into strips
- 4 cups broccoli florets (from 1 lb broccoli crowns)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk (preferably 1%)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz. light or regular cream cheese, diced into cubes
- 1/2 cup (1.5 oz) finely shredded parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, plus more for serving
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Prepare pasta in salted water according to directions listed on the package, adding in broccoli and bell pepper during the last 5 minutes of boiling pasta (so they will both boil together during the last 5 minutes, then drain them together. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water just in case you want to thin sauce.
- In a large deep skillet or pot, melt butter over medium heat then add in garlic and flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. While whisking slowly pour milk into the flour mixture, then cook, whisking vigorously to smooth lumps until mixture begins to thicken. Add in cream cheese and parmesan and whisk until melted (it will look lumpy at first but will begin to smooth). Mix in cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Toss drained pasta, broccoli, bell peppers into sauce mixture along with chicken (thin with reserved pasta water if needed). Serve warm topped with additional parmesan, lemon zest, and pepper as desired.
Learn more about COVID-19
If you're happy and you know it . .
Wash your hands!
Stay home to limit the spread of coronavirus
Limit outings to essential only!
If you or anyone you know is in need of support during this pandemic
Toll free number: 1-833-956-1554 Stay Home Save Lives
March is National Nutrition Month
Join We Are Navajo in supporting healthy eating habits and making smart food choices! Learn More