Lettuce wraps with your choice of meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (alternatives: ground turkey, ground beef)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce (alternative hoisin sauce below)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of shredded carrots
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
1.Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
2.Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
3.Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4.To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Alternative hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
A journey of self-love, positivity, and strength
Join We Are Navajo in supporting Teen Dating Violence Awareness month this February. Together, we can start talking about healthy relationships and put a stop to dating abuse. Learn More