Lettuce wraps with your choice of meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (alternatives: ground turkey, ground beef)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce (alternative hoisin sauce below)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of shredded carrots
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
1.Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
2.Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
3.Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4.To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Alternative hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
#WeAreStillHere #WeAreNavajo #NavajoPride
YOU ARE ON INDIGENOUS LAND
Welcome to #NativeAmericanHeritageMonth. The first thing you need to know is that our history isn't over. We are still here! Enter our Rock Your Mocs contest!
March is National Nutrition Month
Join We Are Navajo in supporting healthy eating habits and making smart food choices! Learn More