- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and 1/2 cup water. Heat soy sauce mixture in a medium saucepan until slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flank steak and cornstarch
3. Heat 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add beef and fry until browned and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
4. Add beef and soy sauce mixture to the saucepan over medium heat and cook until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in green onions.
This recipe is great on rice or as lettuce wraps
Cook your rice before beginning to cook the sauce. To yield 1-1/2 cups cooked rice, use 1/2 cup rice to 1 cup water and cook according to the package directions.
Feel free to make some or all of the following changes to suit your nutritional preferences:
- Use brown rice in place of the white rice
When I was young, as long as I could remember, my parents had always drank alcohol in front of me....More
#WeAreStillHere #WeAreNavajo #NavajoPride
Yá'át'ééh Késhmish from We Are Navajo!
Nizhónígo Késhmish Adííłeeł
Make Your Christmas a Good One! Looking for a Christmas Bazaar?