- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and 1/2 cup water. Heat soy sauce mixture in a medium saucepan until slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flank steak and cornstarch
3. Heat 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add beef and fry until browned and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
4. Add beef and soy sauce mixture to the saucepan over medium heat and cook until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in green onions.
This recipe is great on rice or as lettuce wraps
Cook your rice before beginning to cook the sauce. To yield 1-1/2 cups cooked rice, use 1/2 cup rice to 1 cup water and cook according to the package directions.
Feel free to make some or all of the following changes to suit your nutritional preferences:
- Use brown rice in place of the white rice
Learn more about COVID-19
If you're happy and you know it . .
Wash your hands!
Stay home to limit the spread of coronavirus
Limit outings to essential only!
If you or anyone you know is in need of support during this pandemic
Toll free number: 1-833-956-1554 Stay Home Save Lives
March is National Nutrition Month
Join We Are Navajo in supporting healthy eating habits and making smart food choices! Learn More