- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges for zest and juice
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- To make the marinade, whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange zest, Sriracha, ginger and white pepper in a large bowl. In a pot separate 1/3 cup of the marinade for the sauce.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup of the marinade; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag or mixing occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Heat remaining marinade in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons
water. Cook, stirring frequently until thickened about 1-2 minutes; keep warm.
#WeAreSacred #Pride2019 #NavajoEquality
It’s time to treat our LGBTQ members with respect and compassion.
We Are Navajo supports Dine Equality's mission. They envision the Navajo Nation as a safe, supportive & inclusive home for our gay, lesbian, bisexual, two-spirit & transgender family members. Their mission is to advocate & secure equal rights & protections for the Diné (Navajo) LGBTQ community & their families. Learn More