- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges for zest and juice
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- To make the marinade, whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange zest, Sriracha, ginger and white pepper in a large bowl. In a pot separate 1/3 cup of the marinade for the sauce.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup of the marinade; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag or mixing occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Heat remaining marinade in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons
water. Cook, stirring frequently until thickened about 1-2 minutes; keep warm.
#WeAreStillHere #WeAreNavajo #NavajoPride
YOU ARE ON INDIGENOUS LAND
Welcome to #NativeAmericanHeritageMonth. The first thing you need to know is that our history isn't over. We are still here! Enter our Rock Your Mocs contest!
March is National Nutrition Month
Join We Are Navajo in supporting healthy eating habits and making smart food choices! Learn More