- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges for zest and juice
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- To make the marinade, whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange zest, Sriracha, ginger and white pepper in a large bowl. In a pot separate 1/3 cup of the marinade for the sauce.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup of the marinade; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag or mixing occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Heat remaining marinade in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons
water. Cook, stirring frequently until thickened about 1-2 minutes; keep warm.
Learn more about COVID-19
If you're happy and you know it . .
Wash your hands!
Stay home to limit the spread of coronavirus
Limit outings to essential only!
If you or anyone you know is in need of support during this pandemic
Toll free number: 1-833-956-1554 Stay Home Save Lives
March is National Nutrition Month
Join We Are Navajo in supporting healthy eating habits and making smart food choices! Learn More