About this Website
Photo Credit: Pfawnn Eskee
We Are Navajo
We Are Navajo inspires and empowers members of the Navajo Nation in their quest for health, longevity, happiness, wisdom, knowledge and harmony: hózhó.
We hope to create a hopeful, inspiring and welcoming space for mind, body and spiritual growth. We believe Navajo's should be the healthiest people in the world! But many need the tools, resources, and inspiration to do so. We Are Navajo was designed to do just that:
- Provide accurate health information
- Highlight positive things members of the Navajo nation are doing in their communities, and encourage members to get actively involved in their
own health and well-being.
- Help people in crisis find support they need.
- Connect people with other helpful websites, programs, resources and community events.
- Encourage safer communities through domestic violence, suicide and sexual assault prevention.
We hope We Are Navajo will spark positive community engagement across Indian Country, and will inspire members of the Navajo Nation to address
the issues that affect them most.
Help Make Us Better!
We know we are still missing many important topics! Please let us know if you see something missing or content that needs correcting. We would be happy to add new pages, photos, or videos if you have content that you’d be willing to share.
Check out the WeAreNavajo Store!
Who’s Behind This?
We Are Navajo is run by the Utah Navajo Health System, and designed in partnership with We R Native. Funding was provided by Indian Health Service (IHS) Methamphetamine and Suicide Prevention Initiative (MSPI), National Alliance On Mental Illness (NAMI), Utah Department Of Health (UDOH), and Utah Navajo Health System (UNHS).
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Your Voice Has Power!
Join We Are Navajo in supporting sexual assault survivors! Learn more about sexual assault nurse examinations available nearby