Happy Healthy Communities
Photo Credit: Danielle Shirley
Signs of a Happy, Healthy Community
- Children and elders feel nurtured, loved and secure.
- All people feel valued; understanding and feeling the importance of their place in the community.
- The only gossip is “good gossip”; people observe and tell each other the “good thing” they have seen someone doing
- Trust is given and trust is felt because people tell each other the truth and don’t feel they have to sabotage or pull another person down to build themselves up
- The community is alcohol and substance free because there is no longer a need to medicate the pain of the past or the hurt of the present
- Wealth is determined by what you give rather than what you get
- Cooperation, not competition, is the force behind action.
- The land and animals are healthy because they are respected as relations
- All relationships are characterized by a generous spirit that offers help (takes initiative) and follows through with respect, compassion and trust.
- Doors do not need to be locked
- Tradition, culture, and spirituality are woven into the fabric of all programs and activities
- Gratitude for community, family and the land is felt and expressed each day
*S.P.I.R.I.T.S.: strategies for prevention, intervention & resilience in teaching for success.
When I was young, as long as I could remember, my parents had always drank alcohol in front of me....More
#EducatedNavajo #EducatedNative #EducationIsPower #BackToSchool
Managing School Pressures
School can really add stress to your life – from exams to grades – find some ways to handle it better. Dig in for info and support for managing all that school throws your way. Learn More
Looking for a family event? Looking for something to do?
Check We Are Navajo's Community Calendar for local events including: basketball/volleyball tournaments, arts & crafts events, pow-wows, special events, Just Move It events, Support Groups, Community Meetings, etc. Learn More
#WeAreSacred #Pride2018 #NavajoEquality
It’s time to treat our LGBTQ members with respect and compassion.
We Are Navajo supports Dine Equality's mission. They envision the Navajo Nation as a safe, supportive & inclusive home for our gay, lesbian, bisexual, two-spirit & transgender family members. Their mission is to advocate & secure equal rights & protections for the Diné (Navajo) LGBTQ community & their families. Learn More