Happy Healthy Communities
Photo Credit: Danielle Shirley
Signs of a Happy, Healthy Community
- Children and elders feel nurtured, loved and secure.
- All people feel valued; understanding and feeling the importance of their place in the community.
- The only gossip is “good gossip”; people observe and tell each other the “good thing” they have seen someone doing
- Trust is given and trust is felt because people tell each other the truth and don’t feel they have to sabotage or pull another person down to build themselves up
- The community is alcohol and substance free because there is no longer a need to medicate the pain of the past or the hurt of the present
- Wealth is determined by what you give rather than what you get
- Cooperation, not competition, is the force behind action.
- The land and animals are healthy because they are respected as relations
- All relationships are characterized by a generous spirit that offers help (takes initiative) and follows through with respect, compassion and trust.
- Doors do not need to be locked
- Tradition, culture, and spirituality are woven into the fabric of all programs and activities
- Gratitude for community, family and the land is felt and expressed each day
*S.P.I.R.I.T.S.: strategies for prevention, intervention & resilience in teaching for success.
I, myself have been married and divorced from a 15 year commitment to a man whom physically, mentally, emotionally abused...More
#WeAreStillHere #WeAreNavajo #NavajoPride
Yá'át'ééh Késhmish from We Are Navajo!
Nizhónígo Késhmish Adííłeeł
Make Your Christmas a Good One! Looking for a Christmas Bazaar?